FOREIGN STUDENTS’ ADMISSION OFFICE (FSAO)
CHHATRAPATI SHAHU JI MAHARAJ UNIVERSITY (CSJMU) KANPUR-208024(INDIA)
CSJM University Kanpur offers admission to Foreign Students for selected courses as mentioned below, being run in University Campus. Foreign Student Admission Office (FSAO) is the single window for all foreign nationals who wish to take admission in CSJMU in different courses.
Definition of” Foreign National”
- Candidate who holds a passport /Citizenship of a country other than India.
- Candidate who has an Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)/ Persons of Indian Origin(PIO) Card and also holds a passport of a country other than India.
- NRI candidates who passed their eligibility examination from any recognized foreign college or university.
Filling of Admission Form :
- Fill the Online Application Form from official website (www.kanpuruniversity.org)
- Submit online application form and also take a print out of the form .
- Affix your recent passport size colour photograph in the box provided.
- Get it attested by either of the following :
- Indian Diplomatic Representative
- Responsible official of the Ministry of Education of applicant’s country.
- An official of the applicant’s country’s Embassy/High Commission in India.
Submission of Form:
The applicant can send by registered post, the printout of online application form along with copies of the certificates etc. to Foreign Student Admission Office (FSAO) as mentioned in the instructions.
Before submitting the form please check the following:
- The deadlines for submitting the form
- All the required documents are enclosed.
- Form is attested by the Indian Diplomatic Representative or a responsible official of the Ministry of Education of applicant’s country’s Embassy /High Commission in India.
Deadlines for submission of the foreign students application forms are available on CSJM University web site www.kanpuruniversity.org
The applications will be forwarded to the Head/Director of the Department /Institute for screening the applications of foreign nationals. The department shortlists the applications according to the eligibility requirement , merit and number of seats.
All foreign nationals with foreign qualifications are required to submit the equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with the application form. AIU address is given below :
16, Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg New Delhi 110002
Phone (91)-11-23230059, (91)-11-23232429
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .in
Provisional Admission Letter :
Only those applicants who fulfill the eligibility requirements are recommended for admission by the respective HODs/Directors will be issued a provisional admission letter by the Foreign Students’ Admission Office. The provisional admission letter will be sent to the applicant’s Embassy in New Delhi, Indian High Commission in applicant’s Home Country and a scanned copy of the letter to the applicant’s email address. Therefore , applicants are advised to write their email addresses and other details clearly on the application forms . All foreign students should report to the FSAO by the date mentioned on provisional admission letter. In case they fail to report on the date mentioned, the candidate can request for extension with a formal request sent by email to the office before the reporting date.
All foreign students who secure admission to any course in CSJM University, should obtain a valid Student Visa and bring all original documents to complete the registration process, without which no admission shall be granted. The Student Visa must be endorsed in the name of CHHATRAPATI SHAHU JI MAHARAJ UNIVERSITY,KANPUR .No other endorsement will be acceptable.
Candidate is required to report at FSA Office within the prescribed date. He/ She has to undergo following formalities at FSA Office:
- Student shall fill the arrival form at FSAO.
- Verification of Valid Student Visa, Visa endorsement, Passport, Original Education Documents, Medical Insurance,English Proficiency Certificate/TOEFL/IELTS is to be done by FSAO staff.
- Student will be issued Registration Fee Slip.
- Student has to pay registration fee through NEFT /RTGS in favour of University A/C No 349501010130160 at Union Bank of India Branch Kalyanpur Kanpur-208024 India. (IFS Code :UBIN0534951) situated in the CSJMU Campus.
- Dept /Institute will be allotted and admission letter to the candidate will be issued by FSAO.
- Students are required to report to the concerned department /Institute to finish the admission formalities .
Hostel Accommodation :
CSJM University has two boys and three girls hostels in the campus and and they will be provided hostel accommodation on payment of boarding and lodging fee.
Medical Insurance :
All the foreign students must come with medical Insurance , having evacuation clause before joining the university.
Government of India Scholarship :
Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) offers Scholarship to foreign students to study in India. The students interested to apply for this fellowship may contact Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) for detailed information on address given below :
Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR)
Azad Bhavan , Indraprastha Estate,
NEW DELHI-110002 ,India
Contact No (91)011-23379309,(91)011-23379310, (91)011-23376315
Website : www.iccrindia.net
English Language Proficiency Certificate
English Language Proficiency Certificate Or TOEFL score (minimum 70) or IELTS score (minimum 6) is mandatory for foreign students at the time of admission in the university. If the candidate is unable to provide any of these score certificate, the candidate is required to appear and clear the English Language Proficiency Test (ELPS) which is conducted by the Department of English, CSJM University campus .
This condition is not applicable for students whose medium of instruction is English.
The following certificates must be submitted along with this application:
- Two Photostat copies of School/Degree Certificates
- Two Photostat copies of Marks/Grade Statements
- Two Photostat copies of Date of Birth Certificate
- Two Photostat copies of the syllabi of the last qualifying examination
- Proof of financial resources in the form of Scholarship, Sponsorship or Self- support to sustain education at CSJMU.
Note: Certified copies of above in English (English Transcripts), wherever necessary, must be submitted.
Declaration by the Applicant:
- The information provided above is true and accurate.
- All documents attached with this Application Form are authentic
- I further affirm that I have not been involved in any malpractice/use of unfair means (UFM)is any examination taken by me and no judicial proceeding is pending against me.
- I understand that in the event of my not fulfilling all requirements, the CSJM University Kanpur may not consider/may cancel my candidature.
- I declare that I shall submit myself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the authorities of the University which may be vested with the powers to exercise discipline under the Act, the statutes, the ordinances and the Rules that may be framed by the University/Board from time to time.
Place:-------------------------- SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT
CERTIFICATE TO BE FURNISHED BY THE INDIAN DIPLOMATIC REPRESENTATIVE OR A RESPONSIBLE OFFICIAL FOR THE MINISTRY OF THE EDUCATION OF APPLICANT’S COUNTRY OR AN OFFICIAL APPLICANT’S COUNTRY’S EMBASSY/HIGH COMMISSION IN INDIA.
(a) I. Certified that the Board/University from which the applicant has passed the examination is legally constituted and duly recognized.
ii. Certified that the entries in the application form particularly about examination passed, marks and division obtained, subject studied etc. are correct.
(b) Certified that the candidate has passed the examination from a recognized Board/University of the applicant’s country.
Designation & Office seal
- A Foreign National seeking admission to a course in CSJM University Kanpur is required to apply on line and send a hard copy of his/her application in the prescribed Application Form which can be downloaded from CSJMU Website www.kanpuruniversity.org
- The applicant should fill his/her name, father’s name, mother’s name as given in the School
Certificate issued by recognized board /University.
- No column should be left blank in the Application Form. Incomplete Application Forms may not be allowed for submission.
- Latest passport size coloured photograph should be uploaded in the box provided.
- The hard copy of Application Form should be attested by the Indian Diplomatic Representative or a responsible Official of the Ministry of Education of applicant’s country or an Offical of the applicant’s country’s Embassy/High Commission in India.
- Photocopies of Certificates, Proof of financial resources and copy of syllabi as mentioned in the Application Form should be enclosed . Application Forms not accompanied with required/requested documents will not be considered further. If admitted, the students will be required to produce original certificates/documents.
- After submitting the Application form, no students are allowed to take back their Application form.
- Submission of Application Form does not guarantee admission.
- All admission offers are provisional . The students are advised to arrive in Kanpur (India) with a valid residential permit in India granted for studies /Student Visa for the prescribed duration of the concerned course.
- English is the medium of instruction in all Institutes/ Departments of CSJM University .Foreign candidates should have adequate knowledge of English as per the requirement of the course, failing which they will be required to clear a working English course of Six months duration to be run Dept of English in the University Campus .Candidates with valid TOEFL score will be preferred.
- If the applicant has passed the qualifying exam where grades are awarded and :
- here the grade sheet does not mention the equivalent percentage of marks from grade points , the candidate should submit such a certificate of conversion from the concerned institution mentioning either the converted percentage or the formula for the actual conversion of grade point average to percentage of marks.
- Where the grade sheet itself mentions the equivalent percentage of marks from the grade points, or the formula for such conversion , the candidate should get both sides of the Degree/grade sheet photocopied showing the equivalent percentage of marks /conversion formula and enclosed with the application form.
- ”Aggregate percentage of marks” does not include grace marks awarded to a candidate .
- University administration will try its best to provide Hostel accommodation to all the foreign students admitted, in CSJMU Campus.
- All students seeking admission to CSJM university, are strongly advised not to use the services of third party /agents/admission service firms.
- CSJM University has not authorized any agency/individual /agent to act on its behalf and /or to charge any fee from prospective students.
- Applications/inquiries received through middlemen/third party/agency will not be entertained and will be categorically rejected.